ITS ABOUT SAP-HR ONLY

Saturday, October 20, 2007



SAP HR Personnel number check


I am trying to implement HR: Personnel number check to stop administrators changing their own data. I have set it up as indicated in SAP help, but cannot get it to work. Can anyone tell me the settings that need to be in place to implement - both in terms of the authorisation profile in PFCG and for master data.




1. ( sounds like you did it) set the P_PERNR flag to "on" Tcode OOAC in 4.6 prgram MSAUTHSW ( or somthing like this)

2. P_PERNR value 'E' ( no 'I') and proper infotype

3. Populate info type 0105 subtype 0001 with the user IDs ( links the userID with the personel record

4. populate t513a ( I do not recall how this is done authomatically may be report RHPROFL0)and may not be used in 4.6 I beleive it uses IT0105


Note also, depending on the version of SAP the P_PERNR does not work as documented... example if you want a user to change a specific Infotype of their own along with everyone elses you do not give P_PERNR at to that user for that info type...

You may need to play with P_PERNR. note also in 4.6 a '*' means something even though the documentation says it does not.


Thanks for those tips, I have done everything suggested apart from T513a, so I'll give that a try. Apart from that, when you say a '*' means something, can you be more specific?


If you are in VERSION 4.6 SAP checks for '*' in the 'Interpretation of assignment' and reacts differently dispite the documentation which says "The value '*' is not allowed in this context."
In version 4.5- the '*' in this field will cause it to work improperly when you want the user to have access to both 'E' and 'I', so you are better off not using the '*'

No comments:

http://sap-career.blogspot.com